JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY
AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY
SCHOOL FOR HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
STRUCTURE FOR RESEARCH PROJECT AND THESIS FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
- STRUCTURE OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL
A) Title page to include:
- A concise statement of the main topic and should identify the variables.
- Should be a reflection of the contents of the document. – Fully explanatory when standing alone.
- Should not contain redundancies such as ‘a study of…..or ‘an investigation of……
- Abbreviations should not appear in the title.
- Scientific names should be in italics.
- Should contain 12 to 15 words. ii. Author’s name and affiliation
ii. Author’s name and affiliation
- Avoid use of words like ‘By’….. ‘from”…..
- Preferred order of names- start with 1st, middle followed by the last name.
- Full names should be used, initials should be avoided.
- Titles like Dr. should not appear in the names.
The affiliation should be well illustrated i.e. ‘A thesis/ research project submitted to the Department of ………in the School for Human Resource Development in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of the degree of …….. Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.’
The year should follow at the bottom of the caption.
For proposals (spiral bound) the cover page should include the title, author and affiliation (all on one page) and centered.
B) Declaration – Should include both the candidate’s and the supervisor’s declaration and duly signed.
This proposal/thesis is my original work and has not been presented for a degree in any other University …………………. ………………… Signature Date This proposal/thesis has been submitted for examination with my approval as University Supervisor